Friday, September 30, 2011
The October Popteen is very interesting this month so I thought I would share it with people who can't download it. Stylistically I always feel Popteen is better than all american magazines hopefully someone will realize and translate Popteen into English!
Saturday, September 24, 2011
|The long awaited post! Okay I'm just going to skim on the generals and tell you some thing I can almost guarantee no other site has.|
|Looking creepy to empathized the eyes|
|stolen form cheeserland.com|
Here are some truths about circle lenses:
- You don't have to be gyaru to wear ciricle lenses. You can wear with and without false lashes.
- Circle lenses don't look the same for everyone. Once again trial and error is key to success.
- Know yourself, and what you are comfortable. Don't wear circle lenses to be in the popular crowd.
|Stolen from michellephan.com|
There are 3 types of circle lenses sizes we are going to look at today.
- 14.0 mm Which is the most common. It's more toward the more subtle and natural enlargment. I prefer these lenses for everyday looks. They are subtle enough to make them look rather natural but has a big enough enlargment to reshape how my entire face look. Generally makes me look prettier.
- 14.5 mm You would think .5 mm isn't even that much of a height. But it's so much more difference in your eyes. This is overall better for pictures. Gyaru will tend to wear this size because they care less for subtle and more the dolly eye look.
- 15.0 mm I'm skipping 14.8 (a rather popular size) because they look just about the same as 14.5. I hate 15.0 lenses. They make you look like a crackhead no matter what and the size of the lenses are protentially dangerous. If you ever hear people critisize circle lens they are usually talking about either of the two things; teens buying without a prescription and large lenses that damage your eyes.
|Bad pic :/|
Finding the best styles of lenses.
Lighter skin tones tend not to have much problems finding the perfect lenses. The universal color for all races I got to say is the gray and purple. But remember not all styles are alike. I think, and I'm basing this off of Michelle Phan, that circle lenses with dark rims have a more eye enlarging effect on people with lighter skin then it does for people with darker skin. I once owned Geo Angel Blue circle lenses and they didn't have much of an eye enlarging affect as much my favorite Geo Nudy Gray lenses. So people with darker skin circle lenses should use circle lenses without dark rims. FYI It also looks prettier on us too.
Also don't wear circle lenses without makeup. I mean you can get away with it if you have naturally good skin. Most people will wear circle lenses that are different color then their natural eyes, this brings more attention to your face and make your tired eyes and bags look even more profound. If your anything like me and always taking pictures, you don't want to be caught with ugly tired looking eyes. Honestly, if I'm not wearing circle lenses I don't wear makeup.
|Another bad pic but with Geo Angel Blue|
|Someone wearing perfect makeup and Geo Nudy Greys|
|stolen from occasionallycute.blogspot.com|