Sunday, October 2, 2011

How to buy makeup cheaply.

I'm not make-up professional but I know my stuff when it comes to staying budgetly I know my stuff.  Survey says that the average American woman spends about $100 a month on cosmetics. That's outrageous. I probably spend $100 a year on cosmetics. Okay that's a lie but still, makeup shouldn't be bought in that much of excess in this economy. Well unless you have a 6 figure job, if I had a 6 figure job I would go all out every day on makeup and own more makeup then Michelle Phan. Lol okay on to the Guide! And remember press the like button at the end of the post if you want to me to post a video about this too.
When to splurge and when to stay cheap
  Foundation & Concealer- Splurge.  I mean it's common sense. You don't want to put just anything on your face. Foundation covers your entire face so you don't want to mess it up. Also if your anything like my friends it's super hard to find your perfect skintone. From what I heard department stores  can make custom blends for you. I don't know if that's true because I try to manage with Covergirl and Revlon because I try to make my skin color different from what it truly is.
 
Eyeliner- Stay cheap. To me, eyeliner is all the same, they are all made from wax. The trick is to find one that glides on nicely. I find that auto pencils work just as well as higher brands. I mostly buy Nicka K eyeliners for $1 from my local Beauty Supply Store
 
Eyeshadow- Stay cheap. The difference between cheap and expensive is the pigmentation. So lessen the difference by using eye primer or foundation as a base. Even makeup gurus opp for cheaper eyeshadows time to time.

Lip gloss-  stay cheap. Doesn't last long no matter what brand you buy.

Mascara and Liquid Eyeliner- stay cheap. You have to buy a new one every 3 months anyway, no need to buy expensively.

Cheap Brand and Places to Buy:
Stores: 
Buyincoins.com:
It's really hard to buy from china because you don't know what you are really getting. Buyincoins is actually a no scam site that gets you good quality products. And I'm not being paid to buy talk about them. This is my true and honest opinion.  I mean if you live in places like Singapore you don't even have to bother with Buyincoins, you can find this stuff anywhere. But in the U.S it is not only harder but hard to put your trust in the products. I bought from Buyincoins and I have yet to have any doubt in them. I might also mention that  their shipping is quick despite being across the globe. Most ebay sellers get their chinese products from buyincoins, so skip the middle man and buy direct.


Walmart:
Self explanatory, Makeup wise they are cheaper than drugstores and Target. Walmart also offers free standard shipping for everything. And no offense to Target (not that I care if Target lovers get offended) , Target's new website design is not online buying friendly anymore.
 
Your local Beauty Supply Store. You probably find brands like Nicka K and Kiss New York in large cities more than suburbs but for cheap brands they are awesome and virtually never seen in drugstores and Sally Hansen.

Brands: 
Maybelline: Their mascaras can not be beat.
N.Y.X for overall everything they are the way to go.
Nicka K For $1 eyeliners, lipstick, lipgloss, and nail polish they help anyone stretch a dollar.
Covergirl, their foundation is really one of the best hands- down.

Makeup I bought from Buyincoins:
96 palette eyeshadow, I should of bought the 120 but since it's same quality as BH Cosmetics and Costal Scents, I easily skimp $10 I would of paid more for 3 days less of a wait. Yeah, you paid $10 more for waiting 3 days less.


5 color palette, the downside of the 96 palette is that it's too big to carry around and it doesn't have a black eyeshadow. That could of been solved if I simply bought the 120 palette but the 5 color palette is awesome because I always do my makeup on the go.

10 eyelash pack. I was persuaded by Chaigyaru but I couldn't bring myself to buy as thick lashes as she did. I rather more natural styles.


I bought other stuff from them but they aren't makeup. Like an epad, headphones, eyelash curlers, etc. You are literally buying in coins with that store that it's addictive O.o Anyway I hope you liked this post :)

2 comments:

  1. How to buy from there... i line in India..do they ship to India and what is the mode of payment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they do and they take payment from paypal

    ReplyDelete