Thursday, March 15, 2012

E Reader


Thanks for the article from Laura Ryan
I just saw a new commercial on Sunnyvale directv for a new 6” E reader from Sony. The whole whoopla around it is that it is the lightest E reader yet. Lord knows we need things to be light, since we have to carry around so may gadgets these days. My husband has one of those E reader Nooks, and I tried it out and new immediately it wasn’t for me. I like the feel of a real book in my hands. I like to cuddle up in bed at night with a good book, and turn the actual pages. I like to have a collection on my bookshelf of the books I have read. I like to loan books to my friends, and pass them on to my children. I just couldn’t adjust to the idea that a book would be on a little screen. It’s just not for me. I like other forms of technology just fine. For me, though, books are best the old fashion way- as books!

No comments:

Post a Comment