Saturday, May 5, 2012

Natural 3 tone Blue from thedollyeye.com

Sorry for the lack of posts. It seems I keep saying sorry a lot these days but I'll give you guys a little present. A combo review.


 A few months ago I bought Eos Natural 3 tone blue from thedollyeye.com. I really liked the store. For starters, it has the best prices in the entire world. No joke. Circle lenses are only 15USD! The shipping takes a week and a half for me because they are centered in Malaysia. That's pretty quick and super affordable. This is now my favorite shop.


Usually I only buy only  Geo brand lenses. Reason being I was super scared of getting bad lenses. I took the risk with buying Eos for the first time because it was cheaper and I really wanted new lenses. I know

>.< bad way of thinking right? So I originally ordered the Puffy 3-tone blue. I changed my order 10 minutes later because I thought those would look too unnatural. *Stings of regret*

Instead  (thanks to their super fast customer service), I bought the Natural 3tone Blue. I thought if it looks anything like this:

I would still be happy.

Actual picture:

And that's natural lighting.  It shows up a little better in fluorescent lighting but not much differently.


Info:
Image hosted by TinyPic.comBrand: Dolly EyeImage hosted by TinyPic.com
Image hosted by TinyPic.comOrigin: South KoreaImage hosted by TinyPic.com
Image hosted by TinyPic.comWater content: 42% Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Image hosted by TinyPic.comDiameter: 14mmImage hosted by TinyPic.com
Image hosted by TinyPic.comBase curve: 8.6mmImage hosted by TinyPic.com
Image hosted by TinyPic.comDuration: 1 year disposableImage hosted by TinyPic.com


Color/ Design: 5/10

The color is really pretty when I look at myself very closely in the mirror but the world doesn't usually notice  that I have blue lenses on until way later. Its too natural. If I didn't want the world to look at my eyes, I wouldn't buy circle lenses. *flips hair like a it girl* I like contacts that are natural but vibrant. These circle lenses got the natural part down but not the vibrant part

Comfort 9/10

Most of the time I can wear them throughout a school day (8 hours) without feeling a thing. Sure, there are days when my eyes are uncomfortable but it only happens after weeks of not wearing contacts.

Enlargement 1/10

Unlike my Geo Nudy Greys (which are the same size) these lenses did not provide any enlargement at all which was very upsetting. *sulks in a corner*  I obviously did not read reviews before buying the circle lenses or else I might of known before hand.

Overall  5/10

These aren't my favorite lenses because they don't show up much but I don't mind wearing them when I'm not in glam mode. If you are looking for natural and non-enlargening contacts, these are definitively for you. Me? Not so much.  My Puffy-3 tone Violet just came in the mail. I think I gave up searching for natural and now I am opting for vibrant.


Me rocking out the contacts.



They aren't really good for photos, they don't show much.




ETC pictures.
 I wrote japanese on my arm with NK liquid eyeliner. I applaud anyone who can use a NK liquid eyeliner on their eyelids. It's basically impossible for me. The brush is  too stiff.

 In a later post I'll mention my involvement with the local drama club and the stupid things we do for example, climb on top of a concession stand to jump off it for fun.

And the sakura (or at least I think it was sakura) that was blooming in my neighborhood. So pretty lah.

5 comments:

  1. Oh la la~. o: Very nice! An yeah--- this series hardly enlarges on anybody. Haha.

    Still, they look pretty nice on you~!

    ((And on a weird note, you have really nice eyebrows. I know-- what? But I just had to say it. xD))

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lens look good on you, maybe more as an everyday look? Also I've been looking a lot so if you want slightly more pigmented a light but natural ones try looking into the Neo Glamour series, you might like them. But they don't enlarge much either, just a tiny bit (I believe they enlarge just a TINY bit more than these). Are you going to make a post on the puffy 3-tone violets??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next post features the puffy 3-tones

      Delete
  3. Pretty Nice post, thanks for sharing it here!

    I happen to stumbled upon your blog and just want to express that i truly like the way you present your blog post.

    I really enjoy browsing your blog.

    I can see that your blog post is mostly about beauty & Fashion stuff.

    In case you need additional beauty ideas that enhance your eyes, making them brilliantly bright and beautiful, you may want to check out

    Pretty Nice post, thanks for sharing it here!

    I happen to stumbled upon your blog and just want to express that i truly like the way you present your blog post.

    I really enjoy browsing your blog.

    I can see that your blog post is mostly about beauty & Fashion stuff.

    In case you need additional beauty ideas that enhance your eyes, making them brilliantly bright and beautiful, you may want to check out

    www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.

    Enjoy and stay pretty :)

    cayumi

    Enjoy and stay pretty :)

    cayumi

    ReplyDelete