Saturday, July 20, 2013

Poetic Justice Box Braids

Poetic Justice, poetic justice, if I told you a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?

I hope you guys have heard the song by Kendrick Lamar as well as seen the popular movie featuring Janet Jackson. Almost 20 years ago, Mrs. Jackson appeared in that movie with her iconic thick box braids which are now called Poetic Justice Braids. 


As a tide of box braids have become popular again, many celebs have been rocking the look. 

Typically I get box braids every year so I can prevent damage to my actual hair while facing the the typical marching band season. This year I have been having trouble tending to my semi natural hair and with all the swimming and work outs I've been doing. It was a must that I'd get braids for the summer. That being said I wanted something that I could easily look posh and professional as well. So I asked for suggestions. I was suggested to get Poetic Justice Braids. I love the braids, it's chic, easy to maintain, and easy to style. The only downside is the braids can be really heavy and an annoyance in this summer heat. New York has been looking at 95 degrees weather for 2 weeks straight 😨.

I suggest getting braids done professionally or as close to professional as you can get. My braids were done by a girl I used to go to school with and she's really good with hair. It took only 3 and a half hours which is quicker than most pros.




But since I workout and swim a lot, box braids have been doing me a lot of justice (lol, I'm so punny). 









What protective hairstyle do you rock during the summer? Leave a comment down below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment