Monday, September 30, 2013

The Things You Don't Know feat. My Darling Rainbow

Hello lovelies!

There aren't many blogging Queens this far west and Carisse Iris is one of those on the rise. If you haven't heard of her, SHAME ON YOU! But lucky you, I got the exclusive details on this blogger. She has unique style, impressive makeup skills, and 2 awesome blogs. Now you get to find out more about this super cute blogger. 


I skipped over the most commonly asked Questions and went straight for something different so here is "Things You May Not Know about My Darling Rainbow"

Q. Can you tell us about yourself?

A. Okay! So, my name is Carisse Iris and I run a blog and operate  under the title My Darling Rainbow. I'm coming upon 24 years od age and I don't have much to show for it but my Makeup Artistry certificate and a few wrinkles.

Q. How would you describe you style?

A. My style is something between himekaji gyaru and oneegyaru in a pastel spectrum.


Q. What made you get into blogging and what push you to keep blogging to this point?

A. I started blogging when I first got my MUA certicifate and I would post my client's makeup looks. But then, I got bored of it and just wanted to talk about myself, point blank. Eventually, I realized that people likes what I had to say and I wanted to post things not only about myself but that could help others be it tutorials, reviews, or just random life experiences... What keeps me going now is making my readers happy.


Q. What is the most worn item in my wardrobe?

A. Probably my American Apparel light blue skater skirt. It's perfect for summer.


Q. Since you are by profession, a makeup artist, how does fashion play a part in your life professionally and personally?

A. It plays a pretty big deal. As a makeup artist, you are your own billboard of your skills, and if you look good and put together, you get more clients and it helps instil confidence in your clients.. On top of it, I always like looking good when working with other people since I'll be in their face for a good hour and they'll be getting a good look at me.
Personally, It's not a big part but more something I do for fun and it makes me happy to look/dress the way I do.

Q. What inspires you the most as a makeup artist?

A.Gyaru makeup. Though, I'm never asked to do it on clients, I love doing flawless contour, blush and highlight on clients and using and amplifying their favourite features. Which is used quite often in gyaru makeup. I'd also be downsizing the fact, but obviously, my clients inspire me because once I see my canvas I get to visualize what to do to bring out and polish their natural beauty!


Q. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

A. Let's see... In 10 years I'll be 34. So, hopefully by then I'll have my business degree and maybe have my own desert cafe and it'll do well enough to support me and make others happy.


Q. What major tips would you give out to girls who are aspire in the world of makeup, fashion or blogging?

A.My major tip is to just go for it. If you don't know anything about what you want to do, don't be afraid to contact someone you look up to and ask for help or the steps they took to get where they are. I've realized that hesitation won't get you anywhere. It's better to keep trying and failing than to watch from the sidelines and trying to make a master plan. Also, networking will get you anywhere and everywhere! Never turn down a party and talk to everyone. The best thing you can learn is how to fake a smile and how to treat everyone nicely even if you might dislike them, because you get more flies with honey than with vinegar



I want to give a special thank you to Carisse Iris! She was super sweet and really kind enough to let me interview her for this special blog segment! If you don't follow her, go read her main blog and tumblr.

Thank you for reading and I hope you guys are keeping up with My Darling Rainbow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment